Very tasty! Good for lunches, dinners and for freezing!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Chicken – 6 legs and 6 breasts (cut into chunks)- dark meat is best for this
- Whole broccoli
- 6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 leeks chopped
- 7 stalks of thyme – leaves only
- 4/5 cloves garlic squashed
- One large onion
- 2 cubes organic chicken stock
- Good sprinkle of paprika
- Sprinkle of hot chilli powder (for warmth not spice)
- Season the chicken well and on a low heat slowly roast the legs for a good hour maybe a bit more until tender along with a few bits of leek and carrot. About 20 minutes before you take the legs and veg out add the breast to the tray and let them all cook through together.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, in a pan soften some onions with half the thyme leaves and the garlic in some coconut oil (or other oil).
- Once softened add the other veg and the stock cubes to the saucepan and fill with enough water to cover the veg, add the rest of the thyme and season (if you want to you can boile the chicken bones in water and the stock for more flavour and use that to cook the veg).
- Bring the veg to the boil and cook through. Once veg is cooked leave in it’s water until the chicken is ready.
- Once chicken is ready leave it to rest for a few minutes then add 2/3 of the breast meat, chilli powder and paprika to the pan with the water and veg, then with a hand whisk blend altogether.
- If it’s too thick for your liking add some more water.
- Taste and add more paprika/chilli powder if need be.
- Once blended serve in bowls. Tear the chicken from the legs and place on top of soup along with the roasted veg and left over bits of breast and mix through the soup.
About the Chef
Foodie Woodie are two cousins sharing a passion for food. We love to cook & eat! Follow us for healthy tips & great ideas to inspire you to stay healthy at home.