- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red onion
- 3 blocks of frozen spinach
- 6 eggs
- 50g cheddar
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 °C
2. Finely chop the red and yellow pepper, along with the red onion and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Grate the cheddar. Put half in the mixing bowl and keep the other half to the side.
4. Defrost the frozen spinach and add to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
5. Crack the 6 eggs into the bowl and whisk all of the ingredients together.
6. Grease a muffin tin with butter and make sure all surfaces are fully greased, so that the muffins will easily come out once cooked.
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays and leave a little room at the top, they will surprise you by rising more than you think.
8. Lastly, sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top of the mixture in the muffin trays and place in the oven to cook for 15-20 mins.
9. Take them out and allow them to cool slightly before tucking in.
About the Chef
Natalie Weterings says “It’s my mission to get as much veg into my toddler as I possibly can and frozen spinach is my favourite secret weapon!”