If you want an easy, budget meal to make in the slow cooker, this fish pie is a good option! The recipe suggests using frozen veg for convenience and cost but you can, of course, use fresh if you prefer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 2 pack of 6 frozen fish fillets
- a few handfuls of frozen peas
- packet of parsley sauce (made up)
- bag of frozen mash (or homemade if you prefer!)
- Mixed veg
- Grated cheese
- Layer the fish at the bottom then top with the peas and parsley sauce, then the mash.
- Cook on low for approx 4 hours.
- Fluff up your mash with a fork and add grated cheese.
- Cook for a further hour.
- Serve with mixed veg.
About the Chef
Hi I’m Elizabeth, I’m a single mom of 4 lovely children, with a passion for showing people the versatility of the slow cooker!
I started a Facebook page to share my recipes in January 2015 after being determined to save money and eat more healthily after Christmas. I wanted to see if I could stop using my gas oven altogether and save money on utility bills by only using other appliances which are cheaper to run, such as the slow cooker, soup maker and George Foreman grill.
After being a pescetarian for over 20 years, my recipes are mostly vegetarian and fish, but can be adapted to add meat. I’m a strong believer that healthy food doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult to cook, and I try to show on my Facebook page ”Lizzy’s Lazy but Fabulous Slow Cooker Recipes” the best places to shop for grocery bargains.
I continue to be amazed by the meals that you can create in a slow cooker, it’s not just for stews and soups!