Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 200g / 8 oz natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup double cream
- a few flaked almonds
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker apart from the double cream and the almonds, give it a good stir.
- If time permits stir half way through to stop the chicken clumping together.
- Season to taste and cook on Low for 6 – 8 hours if using thighs or 4 to 5 if using breast, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced.
- Before serving stir in the cream and top with the almonds.
About the Chef
Recipes are from an app called Slow Cooker Crockpot Recipes. It was created to help out busy families, who wanted to feed their family healthy, home cooked food, but struggled to have the time to do so.
The app is now available on all platforms.
Facebook page to accompany the app: https://www.facebook.com/SlowCookerCrockPotRecipes